Friday 1 April 2011

Thought for the day

 (This was yesterday but I forgot to press "post")


I tried to teach my child with books
But he just gave me puzzled looks.
I tried to teach my child with words,
But “blah, blah, blah” was all he heard.
And so please tell me what to do?
Does anybody have a clue?
“ A child will watch” spoke up the man,
“So let him copy where he can.
Play, listen, show him kindly deeds
To be his guide is what he needs.
Have patience, show him that you care,
And you will see him follow there.”
This made me weep a little this morning. I was having a bit of a low morning missing friends a bit and going head to head with Alfie on silly things before school. I sat and felt that I'm not always the best example by any means if I want my kids to be tolerant and patient human beings.
Think we were all just a little tired, and things got better later in the day. But I'll still try to bear the little poem in mind where possible.

No comments:

Post a Comment