Thursday 21 April 2011

They're here! (just so you know)

I got to the airport 40 mins after my parents' flight landed and bought a cup of tea and a muffin in the full belief I was in for a bit of a wait. No sooner had I started dividing the muffin between myself and the boys than they appeared through the arrival doors. The boys ran to greet them and after a quick hug Mum grabbed my cuppa and downed it! She had been in transit for a whole day and with the added stress of the "interview" by immigration she deserved it mind. It seems they couldn't have been nicer or more sympathetic at this end. It's all to do with electronic visas -apparently tourists shouldn't have them but it's not their fault. Don't know the full details but all is well and they even let her keep all the tea, calpol and bottle of vodka she had stashed ( and she brought enough tea to set up a tea shop so I'm glad they were distracted by the visa debacle). Even better their bargain Thai airlines business class flights were excellent with yummy food and drink a-flowing, lie flat seat/beds and staff that couldn't be more helpful. Marvellous outcome all round I'd say :o)

Today was warm so Alfie and Ru were busy showing off their new house and their skills in the pool to Grandma and Grandad. While showing them that we have an orange tree they discovered one of the fruits had fallen off. It was ripe!! and it turned out to be delicious too.

 Also Alfie raided the recycling bin again and made a robot from all the things he found. I have to admit it's a bloomin good job, although I had to help a bit with the sticking of sellotape to hold limbs on.
Note that he already signs all his artworks so that we can sell them at huge profit in the future ;o)

No comments:

Post a Comment