Friday 1 April 2011

A nice cuppa tea.

Friday comes again and Alfie had to do "news" this morning at school. They have to draw four pictures and then do a little presentation to the class, recounting a story that has happened to them recently. Alfie decided to tell about the chicken from last week, and I must say it went down a storm. He's been struggling a little as he missed the first 6 weeks of term and he's been exhausted from all the moving around and the heat. We get to stay and watch on these mornings if we want to and I have to admit I was feeling a bit nervous for him, but by the end I felt really proud of him.
On the way home I went to get Ru some passport pictures taken at the shopping centre. While we waited for the pics I gave in to Ru's regular cries of "I'm hungry" by going to a department store cafe . I had a pot of tea and Ru a "babycino" (which here is a milky hot chocolate in an espresso cup with lots of froth). Between us we shared a blueberry muffin. Very civilised and he behaved very well, but he made me (and the people at the next table) chuckle when he put down his spoon, picked up his cup and announced with a grin "I drinking it like a cuppa tea"  and swigged it back like a navvy with a pint.
After school I let the boys do some crafts. I'm always a bit nervous of such things in a rented house, so we went into the little internal courtyard off the kitchen. We do have to live here for 2 years after all so I can't draw a total halt to such activities. Anyway, as predicted, the boys and I all got thoroughly covered in paint and the recycling box was raided of any interesting looking items. Ru made an aeroplane out of an egg box and some card, Alfie made a fish out of an old milk carton. I'd love to post pics of the finished products, but you may not recognise which is which so I'll just let you see the work in progress!!


A serious job to do.

On a final, and completely different, note, I have an observation to make. You know you've been watching too many cooking programmes on TV when your kids start referring to you as "Chef"...... (Oh for the talent....) ;0)

1 comment:

  1. Lovely.... not sure I recognise which child is which though! Its been such a long time since we last saw you all but they look so healthy and happy. x...... this is from Amy (hadnt logged off George's gmail account!)

    ReplyDelete