Friday 3 June 2011

They've gone home.

Ok, ok, so I've been incredibly slack in the writing of the blog. Mum and Dad being here meant it felt rather rude to be sat at the computer too often, and it was nice to be able to spend time with them. So we have watched Aussie masterchef and drunk tea together most evenings when I might otherwise have sat here with this machine.
Since our trip down to Busselton the Mitsubishi is still plodding on, albeit I'm sure we'll have to shell out on a new clutch soon. We've been able to go out en masse far more easily thanks to it, so i can't be too upset. Recent excursions have included Mundaring dam, Scitech science museum in Perth ( fantastic for young and old alike and to be highly recommended) and a treetop walk in Kings park.
Unbelievably, the six weeks came to an end on Wednesday and we had to take my parents to the airport. The boys were delighted that we actually saw their plane come in to land from the window of the coffee shop and taxi past to it's gate. But the down side was that this meant it was time to go and wave goodbye as they headed through security. We felt rather flat as we headed back to the car and so I suggested that we go home and have a snuggle on the sofa and watch a movie on DVD. This is something we rarely do, and it's even more rare for me to join the boys, as I'm always running around cooking or doing some kind of chore. I can't say I sat for the whole film (Rio), but I did see most of it and it definitely cheered us up a bit.
Then yesterday (Thursday) Grandma rang  on skype to say they're home safe and sound and Ru promptly burst into tears. At least it's not long before we'll see them again as we'll be home for Auntie Aoife's wedding soon. That's what's keeping me buoyed up at the moment anyway :o)

No comments:

Post a Comment