Friday 10 June 2011

Dancing queen?

Alfie in the car on the way to school this morning said " Mummy, I've got a new song to sing for you. It's by Justin Beaver". I didn't have the heart to correct the name. So, trying desperately not to smirk at the thought of a cartoon rodent crooning into a mike I ask for the rendition.
"Ooohh baby, baby, baby" is what is offered.
"Great. Where did you learn that? The girls in your class?"
"Yes, and Mrs B did a really terrible dance to it too"
Now, Mrs B is the motherly teaching assistant who helps out in class and is great for joining in all their games. She's really not old at all, perhaps a few years older than me, which surely makes her in the prime of life ;o) .
The thing that occurs to me is how bad must the dancing have been for a 5 year old to say it was really terrible?? Or was it indeed quite normal dancing, but just because street dance is the way to go these days, it wasn't up to scratch?
It did give me cause to consider my conduct at the upcoming wedding. I might wait till the kids go to bed before I venture out onto the floor. Just to be sure that my overly honest son doesn't have the chance to tell all next time he does news for his class at school.....

No comments:

Post a Comment