Thursday 12 May 2011

A new arrival.

We're off down south this weekend to Busselton and Margaret River. It's 3 hours drive away and I suppose this crystallised the need to get a car we could all fit into. So allow me to me introduce you to our new addition. It's a 1993 (yes, that does make her 18 yrs old) Mitsubishi Nimbus, which I think was a space wagon in the UK.



We have invested in her because she has 7 seats and with Mum and Dad here it was becoming increasingly difficult to go anywhere as a group, and hire cars were getting extremely expensive for them. So we've clubbed together and gone down the route of a cheap and cheerful alternative. Dad volunteered to give her a wash and polish today in the hope of making her look smarter. I have to be honest and say it has only made a marginal difference to her looks, but having done a bit of polishing myself, there was a certain sense of satisfaction that we'd made the effort.

Ru was very inspired by the whole process and decided he'd do his bike while the bucket was out:


 And when Alfie came home from school he also wanted to join in the fun, so we set him to work on the Subi so he didn't feel left out. Ru showed him how it was done:


It wasn't entirely out of pride that the Forrester got a wash either I must admit !

I've bought some breakdown cover today too but am optimistically hoping that it will be an unnecessary extra. We'll be a long way from home though and you can't be too careful with a car that has over 200,000 km on the clock and you've only owned for 2 days. Anything might happen. Wish us luck, and assuming we get back, I'll let you have some pics of our travels next Tuesday :o)

No comments:

Post a Comment